The devices never got defined.   It seems that since the PCHId didn't
exist, none of the devices ever got defined.

Well, putting these commands in a REXX EXEC:

     3 *-* "CP DELete DEVice 5AB0-5ABB UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 0111"

       >L>   "CP DELete DEVice 5AB0-5ABB UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 0111"

HCPCCO6806E Dynamic I/O change request for device failed with return
code 010A
       +++ RC(6806) +++

     4 *-* "CP DELete DEVice 5ABF UNITADD FE CUNUMBR 0111"

       >L>   "CP DELete DEVice 5ABF UNITADD FE CUNUMBR 0111"

Device configuration change completed successfully

     5 *-* "CP DELete CU 0111"

       >L>   "CP DELete CU 0111"

Control unit configuration change completed successfully

     6 *-* "CP DELete CHPID 11"

       >L>   "CP DELete CHPID 11"

Channel path configuration change completed successfully

     7 *-* Exit

Ready; T=0.01/0.06 08:04:36

Looks like the key was the 2nd (DELETE of device 5ABF), although, prior
to running this EXEC:

q 5abf
HCPQDV040E Device 5ABF does not exist
Ready(00040); T=0.01/0.01 08:01:35