I have most of the piece parts done (IUCV driver, PAM driver, Kerberos and LDAP
interfaces, Linux guest to do the heavy lifting) to enable VM to use any
authentication sources supported by PAM, including AD. The remaining part is
the necessary CP modules to normalize all the entry points to CP into a
documented interface that doesn't require rebuilding CP, then convincing IBM to
either ship VM with the RACF interface modules prebuilt, plus a dummy "RACF
lite" that implements the defaut "defer" behavior, or agree on what the
external interface should be in terms of service access points and ship that.
I'd actually donate the service code if IBM would accept it.

As you might imagine, the last part is the hardest. If someone wants this badly
enough to pay for it, then I can probably have a beta-ready version available
in a month or so.

-- db