Hi,

I am trying to get the ftps client to work in z/VM 5.4 going to a SLES11
server. So far, pure-ftpd secures the control channel only. Data channel
security isn't supported in the SLES11 distribution version, and due to our
site's aggressive scanning policies, I'm not eager to support a separately
maintained product.

The vsftpd server, which does control and data channel encryption, won't
connect to the VM ftps client at all. SSLSERV displays: DTCSSL022E Handshake
failed: rc: 410 reason: SSL message format is incorrect
Yet I can connect to the vsftpd server via desktop Filezilla using TLS. VM can
connect just fine to either server in the clear.

Has anyone worked with this before, and is there a config setting that I might
have missed? I'd like to get vsftpd to work, as opposed to installing a
separate ftp.

Ray Mrohs
U.S. Department of Justice
202-307-6896