On Friday, 06/18/2010 at 03:16 EDT, "Mrohs, Ray" <ray.mr...@usdoj.gov>
wrote:
> When I Show certificate information it displays Trusted: Yes. The client
has
> been working in TLS mode, at least for the control channel in pure-ftpd
1.0.21.
> But not at all in vsftpd 2.0.7. They are both on the SuSE distribution.
I'm
> wondering if there is a list of ftp daemons that the VM client has been
tested
> with, since I may have to make a recommendation to our AIX group for a
server
> that can talk ftps to a VM client.

I re-read your original post and you are getting error 410 "SSL message
format incorrect".  That's a protocol error, not an issue with the
certificate, per se.

Look at the VMSSL GSKTRACE command, as well as Chapter 16 of the LDAP
Admin book.  If the answer isn't evident in the trace, then get a TCP
trace (preferably in pcap format, readable by Wireshark, from the AIX
side) and open a PMR.