Hi, Ashwin.

When you formatted and allocated the DASD volume from z/OS, did you specify the CPVOL attribute? That tell ICKDSF to creaet a "dummy" z/OS style VTOC in cylinder 0 so that to z/OS, the DASD looks full.

Also, it's a good idea not to make any of the DASD volumes that z/VM has marked as 'cpowned' available to the z/OS side.

DJ