From: David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net>
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Issuing VM commands from z/OS...

AFAIK, there’s still no IBM-supported way to do this. VSE put the VM interfaces in ages ago, but they’ve always been a bit smarter about playing nice with hypervisors.

There’s a nice mod on the SHARE mods tapes that teaches JES to CP CLOSE spool files via DIAG 8 and also provides a utility that will do CP commands read from a input dataset, also via DIAG 8.