Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:12:06 +0200
From: wolfgang.buett...@softwareag.com
Subject: XEDIT from a program
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

We have a pretty old application that uses XEDIT and macros to manipulate
files.
It appears that if the target of "locate /string/" is not found the ^ symbol
is displayed on the console. Not nice, but I can live with that as it happens
not so often.
However, if and only if the application runs in a DISCONNECT virtual machine,
also each ":line number" command writes the content of that line to the CONSOLE
LOG file which adds thousands unneeded ones.
Is there a way to avoid that? Maybe I have overseen something in the books …

Thank you,
Wolfgang

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt,
Germany, – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/
Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), David
Broadbent, Mark Edwards, Dr. Peter Kürpick, Ivo Totev, Arnd Zinnhardt; -
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/ Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas
Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com

TRANSFORME SUAS FOTOS EM EMOTICONS PARA O MESSENGER. CLIQUE AQUI PARA COMEÇAR.
http://ilm.windowslive.com.br/?ocid=ILM:Live:Hotmail:Tagline:senDimensao:TRANSFORME78:-