From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Daniel Allen
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:50 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] IODF question

The command 'DELETE RDEV 1B00-1B0F' did not work.

I did a 'VARY OFF SUB 1B00-1B0F'. That command worked.

Then I did a 'SET RDEV 1B00-1B0F TYPE 3278'. That command worked.

Then I did a 'VARY ON SUB 1B00-1B0F' and it worked.

Then I did a 'VARY ON 1B00' and got the following message:

HCPCPN6283I Device 1B00 cannot be varied online because no channel path is
available.

I am sure that there is no 3174 plugged in.

Once it gets plugged in, I should be able to vary on the addresses. Is that
correct ?