From:   Daniel Allen <dal...@serena.com>
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Date:   08/04/2010 06:50 PM
Subject:        Re: IODF question
Sent by:        The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

The command ?DELETE RDEV 1B00-1B0F? did not work.

I did a ?VARY OFF SUB 1B00-1B0F?. That command worked.

Then I did a ?SET RDEV 1B00-1B0F TYPE 3278?. That command worked.

Then I did a ?VARY ON SUB 1B00-1B0F? and it worked.

Then I did a ?VARY ON 1B00? and got the following message:

HCPCPN6283I Device 1B00 cannot be varied online because no channel path is
available.

I am sure that there is no 3174 plugged in.

Once it gets plugged in, I should be able to vary on the addresses. Is
that correct ?