Add this to operator directory:
COMMAND SET SYSOPER *

regards

             "Dodds, Jim"
             <jim.do...@kysu.e
             du>                                                        To
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <ib...@listserv.u                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  VM Console

             09/03/2010 08:40
             AM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <ib...@listserv.u
                 ARK.EDU>

Hello Everyone,

An computer operator, but of course no one owned up to it, has logged off
OPERATOR from the VM console. When they log back onto OPERATOR they receive
no messages on the console for VM.  It is as though the console log is now
going to a secondary user but there is not one specified in the directory
for OPERATOR. When I log into MAINT I get the console log for VM.  I log
off of MAINT and log on to OPERATOR no console log.  I log back on to MAINT
I have the console log.  Anyone have any idea  how to get the console log
back to OPERATOR?

Jim Dodds
Systems Programmer
Kentucky State University