Unfortunately, CMS Java performed very poorly so I would not recommend tr
y to find a copy. I
think people waited for IBM to fix the Java performance, and IBM waited f
or customers to use it,
and eventually it went away. I do not remember any screaming on this list
 when the removal was
first announced.

I was hoping we would get Java Servlets, but I never heard of any web ser
ver vendor offering to
support them.

And no, I didn't open a PMR on the poor performance. I wish that I had. D
id anyone?

In any case, this is only one of the many ways IBM (and vendors) have not
 continued to provide
modern application function for CMS. (XML, web services, etc.) It breaks
my heart, but I have to
recommend people use Linux instead of CMS. Without vendor interest I cann
ot recommend CMS
for any new function. Old applications will continue to run, as IBM is st
ill supporting most CMS
functions. At our shop, when they seek to add new functions (I wanted to
add web services) they
have to convert off of CMS. Unfortunately, that means converting off of S
ystem z here. I'm trying to
reverse that by working on z/Linux Support, but it's too late for all but
 a few of our CMS
applications.

Alan Ackerman, Bank of America.com