My internal network doesn't need encryption, and i should be able use hypersockets between LPARs. it would be better if you insist on having ctcs that the ctc are connected to tcpip as another interface. you simplify our options, tcpip will always be there, less complexity for those of us that like simple, and probably less money for those that care.