>> We never more can edit our VMUSERS DIRECT
> That is correct, Sergio.

But "never" is a strong word.  I believe you can "reprime" the DirMaint
pump by copying a USER DIRECT file to USER INPUT on the (I believe it is)
DIRMAINT 1DF disk.  Then when DirMaint is started again, it loads that new
directory.

I agree Rich, in general you don't do that with DirMaint, but you can in a
pinch.

There have been times that I've gotten DirMaint royally mucked up so I
can't delete a user ID. I did a DIRM USER WIHTPASS, pulled the file from
the reader, changed a couple of settings, copied it as USER INPUT and
started fresh. Not recommended, I know, but sometimes a useful tool.

P.S. I see Dave Jones posted another method as I was putting this reply
together.  That makes it look even easier.  Just one question - using that
model, if DirMaint is restarted, will it have the correct USER DIRECT
file/directory?

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061