tyvm, Scott, Kris, Brian, and Frank:

Looking good.

I Detached 54XRES from MAINT L1 and from SYSTEM L1.

Then on MAINT L1 Attached 54XRES just to SYSTEM.

Then on my L2 "to be" guest, ZVM54SVM,  linked, accessed, and updated,
DF1, alias CF1, np.

I believe I had Attached 54XRES and/or its DF1 md  to MAINT as well as
54XRES to SYSTEM.

When I Attached 54XRES to SYSTEM only and linked and accessed  from my L2
"to be" guest, all was well.

Once I get my extra Page and Spool disks and DDR them from L1 I should be
able to IPL L2.

I believe I need to IPL FORCED.

Thank you all once again for all your help.

"Frank M. Ramaekers" <framaek...@ailife.com>
10/05/2010 01:33 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Updating L2 Parm Disks

This is what I do to access my 2nd level disks:

(to access 2nd level directory (for update)
MDISK F123 3390 0000  END 54ARES MR
(to access 2nd level MAINT 191 disk)
MDISK F191 3390 0801 0800 54AW07 MR READ     WRITE    MULTIPLE
(to access 2nd level SYSTEM CONFIG)
MDISK FCF1 3390 0039 0120 54ARES MR READ     WRITE    MULTIPLE

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.