Ah... well that's a slightly different situation.  I do not recall any way
USERA to issue a message to a server, which then relays it to another
server
and spontaneously re-routes the output back to USERA.

If nothing else were happening during that timeframe, USERA could SET
OBSERVER ON for that server, issue the command to the server, have the
server send it to OPERATOR, and since you are OBSERVE'ing the server you
would see the reply and could SET OBSERVER OFF.  But that is sooo timing
dependent, and sooo reliant on someone else not issuing a command while
you are observing the server.  Uuuuuugly!

Or, since you own the server, which is presumably running WAKEUP, or
Kris's RXSERVER, or Finn's PIPESERV (latter two on the IBM VM Download
page), or some other server code, you could teach the server to accept
commands for it to execute and return the results to you.  I wrote a
WAKEUP SAMPEXEC (recently posted to the list, search the archives) which
could be easily modified to do that.  E.g. CP SMsg serverid cmd: command
for some other server
When "serverid" receives the "cmd:" it checks to see if the sender is one
of the select few authorized to do that, issues the command, traps the
response, and sends it to the issuing user with MSGNOH.  SMOP!  :-)

Mike Walter
Aon Hewitt
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"Tom Huegel" <tehue...@gmail.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
10/13/2010 01:19 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Forwarding program or mod?

Maybe I should have been more clear. BOB is not a pearson, but another
service machine (maybe PROP, or RSCS) that will respond to the sender as
he sees it.
I.E. MSG OP CMD Q V DASD and PROP will return the output of Q V DASD to
me.
If I send via my server machine the response is returned to the server not
to me.
I thought I remembered a way that we could send MSG, SMSG, etc. 'asuser'.

I may be mis-remembering.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Mike Walter <mike.wal...@hewitt.com>