On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> some really ugly stuff regarding IOCP and overloaded control unit definitions

ewwwww... You just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...

We do this sort of thing here in the lab to get around issues where
two teams are forced to cohabitate on a single CEC without altering
their respective I/O environments. Multiple I/O subsystems on z990 and
newer machines makes this a little more tolerable than it used to be.
If you absolutely must, do it with HCD or some other tool to help you
get it right. Its very easy to do wrong.

It is ugly and bad. I strongly recommend against it, if you have any
other option.

--
Jay Brenneman