We have all of our coding on the 192 disk. The only thing VTAM does is
run the VTAMPROF GCS from the 192 disk. The same is true for almost any
other service machine (GCS, RSCS, OPERATOR, SFS). They all link the same
minidisk as 192, obviously RO, and run customized EXEC or GCS.
Afterwards we let the machine reaccess that disk to get the new content
available.

In case of VTAM:

Update file.
SEND VTAM ACCESS 192 D