As opposed to CMS, the PROFILE GCS doesn't need to be on the A-disk.  Any
disk accessed at IPL is good.
- in the good old days, GCS accessed 595 S; 59E Y/S; 191 A; and 191 A
- now only 191 A and 192 are left.
In these good old days, I stored all customzed execs (including the common
PROFILE GCS) on MAINT 59E, linked by all GCS users.  Whne GCS no longer had
an S- nor Y-disk, I simply made our GCS users LINK MAINT 59E 192 and the
common PROFILE GCS still worked. GCS, AVSVM, and some less common ones,
didn't even have a 191 A-disk.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support