Right, ty, Kris.

I had replaced, inplace, the contents of the PROFILE IBMDFLT to add PARM
AUTOCR to I CMS and it did not like the order.

Everything is good now.

Love that (EDIT option when updating the DIRECTORY outside DIRMAINT.

directxa vmuvm direct a (edit
z/VM USER DIRECTORY CREATION PROGRAM - VERSION 5 RELEASE 4.0
EOJ DIRECTORY NOT UPDATED

Kris Buelens <kris.buel...@gmail.com>
11/11/2010 02:34 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: SEQUENCE# ERRORS IN DIRECTORY

I don't think DIRECTXA is complaining about the sequence numbers one could
code beyond col 72.
I merely think it is that the AUTOLOG, ACCOUNT, MACHINE and OPTION records
follows a device record.

For a given user, firts code the non-device statements (like ACCOUNT),
then devices (line CONSOLE, SPOOL, LINK, MDISK)

How do you get rid of, or renumber, sequence numbers in the DIRECTORY
outside of DIRMAINT.

I get sequence# errors when I move things around and do DIRECTXA with the
(EDIT option.

directxa vmuvm direct a (edit

z/VM USER DIRECTORY CREATION PROGRAM - VERSION 5 RELEASE 4.0

 AUTOLOG AUTOLOG1 OP1 MAINT
USE10750
HCPDIR752E STATEMENT SEQUENCE ERROR FOLLOWING USER OPERATOR

 ACCOUNT 2 OPERATOR
USE10760
HCPDIR752E STATEMENT SEQUENCE ERROR FOLLOWING USER OPERATOR

 MACH ESA
USE10770
HCPDIR752E STATEMENT SEQUENCE ERROR FOLLOWING USER OPERATOR

 OPTION MAINTCCW
 USE10780

--
Kris Buelens,