X3270 is crude, granted.  But it is consistent, and it is the only 3270
emulator that covers as many platforms.

I have offered my $HOME/.x3270pro repeatedly (not here), though it is so old
that I really don't remember all that is in it ... or why.  This much I
remember: F keys are PF keys, Alt-1 is PA1, Alt-2 is PA2, and there are
several key combinations for "Clear".  After that, it gets pretty easy.  The
toughest part is dealing with the packaging, for which I blame dpkg and
RPM.  (Don't get me started.)  I will happily send a copy off-list.

X3270 works on every contemporary platform where X windows works, except
maybe USS.  (But there is an 'xterm' for USS, so ... who knows?)  We're
talking all Linux, plus Solaris, HPUX, presumably AIX, and certainly Windows
(thanks to CYGWIN, and does not require CYGWIN's X server, but can use
Hummingbird or Reflection (since we're talking about Attachmate)).