On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:36 AM, McKown, John
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:
> From my personal viewpoint, I will hope that it means they may see a need for
> a more advanced 3270 emulator for the Linux desktop. x3270 works, but is a
> PITA to configure, IMO. I'd be willing to pay Windows prices for an excellent
> TN3270E emulator. Please, no wine!

Don’t hold your breath. The 3270 emulator market is mature and Linux
folks are not that likely to pay money for something that they can get
for free. Besides, Attachmate has one of the worst products out there
– bloated, confusing, and buggy as heck. I'd be afraid to see what
they'd do to a Linux product...
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"