ty, Kris:

Sounds like a SuperSession configuration problem.

I am going through SuperSession in both instances but the terminal pools I
am assigned are different in each case.

No doubt I am getting a non-EDS pool.

Time to delve into SuperSession.

Kris Buelens <kris.buel...@gmail.com>
12/28/2010 02:20 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Stopping DIAL From Stripping Extended Data Stream

A general rule of z/VM is that it will never change the type of a device,
so DIAL will not change the 3270 characteristics (even though after DIAL
it will appear as a local non SNA 3270)

After you DIAL to z/OS, your 3270 gets another address.  You need to find
the definition of that address in VTAM, a local non-SNA 3270 will it be.
But, that has a logmode too, and I guess the logmode currently associated
to that address defines a realy dumb 3270.

In a previous life, I instructed my students of the VM/VTAM course to turn
on the "query" bit in the PSERVIC:
     PSERVIC=X'028000000000000000000300'