We have two service machines, I will call them A and B for this discussion.
These machines share a 191 disk. When A is xautologged, it initializes itself
and then xautologs B. I logged both machines off and added two new ACCESS
commands to the PROFILE EXEC. I then logged A on and checked its configuration.
It reflected the changes from the PROFILE. It AUTOLOGGed B. B came up using the
old profile. I stopped the server code on B and checked the configuration. It
was indeed the old profile that was used. A q links 191 showed that A had it as
its 191 in R/W mode, while B had it as 191 R/O. A list profile exec * found
only one such file, on the A disk, , and on B it was the old configuration. I
then logged both off and xautologged A. Again, B came up with the old
configuration. I tried the logoff/logon sequence several times, all with the
same result. I finally detached the 191 disk from B and relinked it. This time,
the new profile exec was there, like it should have been all along.

How is this even possible? Are we going to be plagued by this every time we
xautolog A? Clearly the pointers were all correct when the first machine logged
on. Given that, I would certainly expect that they would be correct when the
second machine linked to the same disk and accessed it.

Regards,
Richard Schuh