On: Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 02:11:58PM -0800,Schuh, Richard Wrote:

} We have two service machines, I will call them A and B for this discussion.
These machines share a 191 disk. When A is xautologged, it initializes itself
and then xautologs B. I logged both machines off and added two new ACCESS
commands to the PROFILE EXEC. I then logged A on and checked its configuration.
It reflected the changes from the PROFILE. It AUTOLOGGed B. B came up using the
old profile. I stopped the server code on B and checked the configuration. It
was indeed the old profile that was used. A q links 191 showed that A had it as
its 191 in R/W mode, while B had it as 191 R/O. A list profile exec * found
only one such file, on the A disk, , and on B it was the old configuration. I
then logged both off and xautologged A. Again, B came up with the old
configuration. I tried the logoff/logon sequence several times, all with the
same result. I finally detached the 191 disk from B and relinked it. This time,
the new profile exec was there, like it should have been all along.

Just a WAG, but might a 3rd userid (perhaps the one who changed the
profile) have had the disk accessed and the FSTs were cached?

--
Rich Greenberg  Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 941 378 2097
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67