Here some code. I used it to define extra disks defined on a DS6000.  Remark
that I first deleted a control unit.  Maybe not required in your case.

'/* Some new disks in DS6000 */
address command
'CP SET CONFIGMODE ON'

'CP VARY OFF SUBCH 7700-775F'
'CP VARY OFF SUBCH 7800-785F'
'CP DELETE IODEVICE 7700-775F UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 5A09'
'CP DELETE IODEVICE 7800-785F UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 5A08'
'CP DELETE CU 5A08'
'CP DELETE CU 5A09'

'CP DEFINE CU 5A0A TYPE * UNITADD 00-5F CUADD A CHPID 57 2B'
'CP DEFINE CU 5A08 TYPE * UNITADD 00-5F CUADD 8 CHPID 57 2B'
'CP DEFINE CU 5A0C TYPE * UNITADD 00-5F CUADD C CHPID 57 2B'
'CP DEFINE CU 5A0E TYPE * UNITADD 00-5F CUADD E CHPID 57 2B'

'CP DEFINE IODEVICE 7700-773F UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 5A0A PARTITION BCRSPROD'
'CP DEFINE IODEVICE 7800-783F UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 5A08 PARTITION BCRSPROD'
'CP DEFINE IODEVICE 7900-793F UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 5A0C PARTITION BCRSPROD'
'CP DEFINE IODEVICE 7A00-7A3F UNITADD 00 CUNUMBR 5A0E PARTITION BCRSPROD'

'CP SET CONFIGMODE OFF'

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support