Go to VM download site (www.vm.ibm.com/download/packages) and look for
SHUTTRAP. It will show you what needs to be done.

On 1/10/11 10:24 AM, "Jeff Gribbin" <jeff.grib...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've been hunting the doc's for more detail on how SIGNAL SHUTDOWN actual
ly
works - assuming that somewhere the process would be documented in terms
of
what the to-be-signalled guest has to do to establish the environment and

how CP actually transmits the signal to the said guest.

So far no luck - it's either in none of the, 'obvious' places or I've mis
sed it.

Would some kind soul that knows the answer please point me to the
appropriate doc?  No need to describe the process here - a pointer is rea
lly
exactly and all that I need.

With thanks once again in anticipation.

Jeff G.