I was going to say try CP SET DUMP OFF -- but this does not get rid of the
open HCPDUMP file...  :-(

I don't really have the means to try it -- but I would try setting the DUMP
to another spool volume (CP SET DUMP DASD rdev   - I think..) - which is
supposed to actually release the current space...

Scott Rohling