Hello, Everyone.
This is my first post to this User Group.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a question...

We are running five VSE guests under VM and recently experienced a hardware
failure.  This has led us to investigate the possibility of installing a
"spare" so that we're not down if we have another failure in the future.

Is it possible to configure an installed piece of hardware to be used (for
redundancy) in case another one fails?  Let's say that I want a FICON card that
is not cabled up to be available for use, without an IOCP change (i.e. POR) in
case the FICON card I'm using goes bad.  I need it to be available to all the
same devices as the one that's cabled and configured so that I can pull the
cable off the bad and put it on the empty one.  But the problem I've run into
is the "build" of the IODF fails with the following message:
*ICP  ICP230I CONTROL UNIT 0440 PREVIOUSLY DEFINED

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sherry

Sharon J. Everhart | Sr. Systems Programmer
MACC | 111 Admiral Drive | PO Box 700 | Blair NE  68008-0700
Office:  402.533.5138 | www.maccnet.com<http://www.maccnet.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.