There is an STSI sample exec on MAINT 193 which gives the information
you're looking for.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Hamilton, Robert
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 3:32 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z10 capacity number?

I think you're right on that, Paul; the CPC SI line is supposed to be
the output from the STSI instruction, and I think that "504" is the
"model capacity identifier". We run a 2096-S07 as an S04, and D M=CPU
on our system gives:

CPC SI= 2096.S04.IBM.02.00000000000cpuid
        Model: S07

>From what I've seen, z/OS will show whatever information was given in
his directory entry as the CPUID, but will show the real information for
those other values.

R;

Rob Hamilton
Sr. System Engineer
Chemical Abstracts Service

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including
any attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information from Chemical Abstracts Service ("CAS"), a division of the
American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this
transmission in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact the
sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling
614-447-3600.

--

<strong>Confidentiality Notice</strong>: This electronic message
transmission, including any attachment(s), may contain confidential,
proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
(&ldquo;CAS&rdquo;), a division of the American Chemical Society
(&ldquo;ACS&rdquo;). If you have received this transmission in error, be
advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all
copies of the message and contact the sender immediately by either
replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.</font></p>

----