CHPD described as FCP

A cntlunit using FCP

How ever many devices  FCP   We have 64.

Nothing in System config.

Use the dedicate statement in the user direct file to attach the device.

On 2/18/2011 10:38 AM, Crabtree, Anne D wrote:

I maintain one operating system configuration in z/OS HCD which includes my z/OS lpars, as well as, my linux ifl.

If I want to access storage on a FCP device from the linux IFL, what, specifically, do I have to add to HCD on the z/OS side? (just channel paths?)

What, specifically, so I have to add to SYSTEM CONFIG on the z/VM side? (EDEVICE statements?)

Does anyone know if any of the SHARE sessions (in Anaheim) would help me address this?

Anne D. Crabtree

System Programmer

WV Office of Technology Data Center

1900 Kanawha Blvd East

Charleston, WV  25305

(304)558-5914 ext 58292

(304)558-1441 fax

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/SYSARC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
b...@psu.edu <mailto:b...@psu.edu>

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan