Use the VM SENDFILE command: SENDFILE fn ft fm TO user AT zos

On the z.OS side, use the TSO RECEIVE command to receive the file.

SENDFILE takes the original file and encodes it to fit into a series of 80 byte
cards, carrying enough metadata to reassemble the file in it's original form on
the receiving system. This intermediate format (called NETDATA in the the NJE
spec) is sent through the NJE network to the receiving system and is placed in
spool. The RECEIVE command (both on VM and TSO) reads the file from spool,
looks at the first 3 or 4 records and detects a flag that says "I'm in NETDATA
format". If that flag is present, RECEIVE reassembles the file to the original
format and puts into the file you specified on the RECEIVE command.

This approach might work for jobs too — older z/OS systems didn't understand
NETDATA for jobs, so I gave you the "VM Classic" approach for that. I think
newer z/Oses might understand it now; but… Jobs still have to be virtual cards
on VM…

Note if you have NJE code installed on your Suns or Linuxen, etc, this works
great for dispatching work on them too….