Here is the results from the QUERY:

q filepool storgrp vmsyse:

                       VMSYSE   File Pool Storage Groups

Start-up Date 03/02/11                              Query Date 03/10/11

Start-up Time 23:39:25                              Query Time 16:57:49

STORAGE GROUP INFORMATION

 Storage        4K Blocks       4K Blocks

 Group No.        In-Use          Free

     1         17973 -  16%      96971

     2       8712106 -  67%    4278828

The total number of files is  733, occupying approx. 2022  4k blocks.
So, I don't understand why I'm getting this error.

I have defined storage group 1 with 40 cylinders (7184 - 4k blocks)
across 16 3390 mod3's.  To clarify, that's 40 cylinders on each mod3.

I'm wondering if there isn't enough room on one of the mod3's and thus I
get this message.  Due to the nature of SFS, I assume it would spread
the load across the 16 drives.

Steve