From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Sue Farrell
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 8:56 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: SFS question

Steve,

You need to increase your MAXUSERS setting by doing a FILESERV
REGENERATE

for the file pool.

Although it's buried, the 51010 reason code is mentioned in Chapter 5 of

the CMS File Pool Planning, Administration, and Operation manual:

What Happens When the Limit is Reached: Logical catalog space is
reserved

during file pool generation. FILESERV GENERATE processing uses the
MAXUSERS value to estimate and set the maximum logical catalog space.
Whe
the server runs out of logical space, it displays a warning message on
it
console
and continues processing. Depending on their use of the file pool, users

may
receive error messages (DMS1146E) and error return codes (with reason
cod
es
51010 or 51020). When the logical catalog space is exhausted, you need

increase the MAXUSERS value for the file pool. Follow the instructions
in

Chapter 11, "Regenerating a Repository File Pool," on page xxx.

Thanks,
Sue