On Wednesday, 03/30/2011 at 06:00 EDT, clifford jackson
<cliffordjackson...@msn.com> wrote:
> If I allocate x amount of storage to a SFS file pool and the tree
structure is
> such that I have x subdirectories under my top directory, will my
> subdirectories have access to all allocated storage within that specific

> storage pool, say for instance storage pool 3.

Yes.  All of the data within a file space is stored in the storage group
assigned to the file space at ENROLL USER time.

> Also will my subdirectories inherit all security controls from my top
directory.

No. Each directory and subdirectory must be managed separately.  If you
have ESM (e.g. RACF) protection for SFS, then the ESM can things like
groups to make life easier.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training