On Monday, 04/04/2011 at 01:38 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov> wrote:
> Thanks. One thing since I have never set up anything for the VMLAN RACF
class
> from the get go I displayed what it looks like now and here is what I
see. It
> looks like everything is allowed. Do I still need to add a specific
profile or
> does this rule cover all. This is what it looks like now:
>

> rac sr class(vmlan)
> * (G)
>
> rac rlist vmlan * all
> CLASS      NAME
> -----      ----
> VMLAN      * (G)
>
> LEVEL  OWNER      UNIVERSAL ACCESS  YOUR ACCESS  WARNING
> -----  --------   ----------------  -----------  -------
> 00    S1V3           UPDATE            UPDATE    NO

This comes under the heading of "RACF is protecting the VSWITCH," so, yes,
you need to add VLAN-qualified profiles.  They are not used in the
traditional RACF way such that a generic profile would cover it, but
instead as a database of associated VLANs.  So if the list comes back
empty, then CP will give the guest access the to default VLAN id for the
VSWITCH.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training