Terry,

To solve the problem of having to grant two accesses for each guest, I have
defined RACF groups that have the double access and connect the Linux guests
to the RACF groups.  As a bonus, a RAC LU <userid> also shows the vlans the
guests is authorised to... and a RAC LG VLN#nnnn shows the guest authorised
to use the vlan.

RAC AG VLN#0472  .....
RAC AG VLN#0851  .....
RAC PE SYSTEM.VSE4DD11 CL(VMLAN) ID(VLN#0472 VLN#0851) ACC(UPD)
RAC PE SYSTEM.VSE4DD11.0472 CL(VMLAN) ID(VLN#0472) ACC(UPD)
RAC PE SYSTEM.VSE4DD11.0851 CL(VMLAN) ID(VLN#0851) ACC(UPD)

I've used the '#' in the group, as it is not allowed in an user-id, but
you'll normally have to escape it on the command line with a double quote!

Now when a linux guest needs access to a vlan, just connect it to the right
VLN#nnnn group.

Ronald van der Laan