I don't know why the mdisk works and the attached disk doesn't.  If
the label is still "SCRTCH", then nothing was written on the disk.
That seems like the TCP/IP connection wasn't established correctly.
We should take this offline to work on it further.

--
Bruce Hayden
z/VM and Linux on System z ATS