From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Tracy Dean
Sent: Wednesday, 13 April 2011 7:13 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Running REXX compiled in z/OS in CMS

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:37:51 +1000, Gillis, Mark <mark.gil...@ca.com>
wro=
te:

>Hi,
>
>Here's a question that's half way between z/OS and CMS:
>
>I would like to compile some REXX in z/OS in such a way that it can be
>run in CMS by people who don't have the REXX compiler. From reading the
>manual, I thought that just specifying options of ALTLIB and SLINE
would=

>be sufficient, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I can make it work
>by XEDITing the compiled exec and changing the processor name in the
>header from EAGRTPRC to DMSRTPRC, but that surely isn't what IBM intend
>us to do. Does anyone know the legitimate way of doing this?

Mark,
I can't comment on whether there are any other issues with taking REXX
co=
de
written and compiled on z/OS and running it on z/VM, but I can tell you
t=
hat
in order to run code in CMS that has EAGRTPRC in the header, you need to
install the free REXX Alternate Library on z/VM.  You can get it here:
http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rexx/rexxzseries/altlibrary.html

Just click on "Alternate Library for REXX on z/VM" in the 2nd paragraph.

Tracy Dean
IBM