Alain,
The "CP Planning and Administration" manual, have a paragraph for each
command, saying where to code each.
For INCLUDE, by example, says "MUST follow the USER card". No other cards
are allowed between them.
Personally, I prefer to use DIRMAINT to do the changes.
Example:
A "batch file" with all the ACCOUNT cards is more easy to create than edit
the source USER DIRECT. Like it:

FOR USER1 ACCOUNT ACCT1
FOR USER2 ACCOUNT ACCT2
FOR USER3 ACCOUNT GRP001
FOR USER999 ACCOUNT GRP600

Only one command can process all the entries in this file: DIRM BATCH
batch file
All are correctly positioned.

If you really need to change the USER DIRECT manually, see this Chapter:
"Making Multiple Updates to a Directory", into "z/VM V6R1 Directory
Maintenance Facility Tailoring and Administration Guide
SC24-6190-01"

Clovis