From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Dave Jones
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:18 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: DB2 running in a Linux enviornment

Hi, Cliff.

One of the pros for running DB2 on zLinux is that the version of DB2 for
zLinux is under active development by the IBM DB2 group and supports
more features and capabilities than does the DB2 for z/VM. I think the
DB2 for z/VM is basically in maintenance mode only these days.

DJ

--
Dave Jones
V/Soft Software