Hi,

Sorry for my late response. Thanks Stephen, Les and Mike for responding!

Yes, there were two linked disks that had the same exec along with the A

disk where it was present too.

When I remove one of the disks, it works fine. But we have had this setup

for a long time i.e. apart from A disk, we have a test code disk and
production code disk linked to this server. So not sure why it's happenin
now.

A new thing that has happened and that I haven't mentioned so far is that

earlier the rexx codes were run using rexx interpretor and now it has
compiled versions on the two linked disks except A disk where it is still

non-compiled version.

But if I remove the non-compiled version from A disk, it still fails. I a
reluctant to conclude that its due to the compiled rexx as the same is

working in other vmserve servers.

Regards,
Amar

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:02:35 -0500, Mike Walter <mike.wal...@aonhewitt.co
m>
wrote:

>Amar,
>
>Could you logon to the service machine running VMSERVE, stop VMSERVE, an
>then run the command that was running when you experienced the failure?
>If it still fails the same way, you will evidence that VMSERVE is not
>causing the problem, and can look elsewhere.
>
>An alternative if you don't want to stop VMSERVE:
>from another ID, link to all the disks that VMSERVE has accessed and run

>the same failing command.  If the same failure occurs, you can diagnose,

>correct, and test the solution with affecting VMSERVE, then move the fix

>into production.
>
>Mike Walter
>Aon Corporation
>The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.
>

>Amar Moh <amar_...@yahoo.com>
>
>Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
>04/19/2011 06:09 AM
>Please respond to
>"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

>IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
>cc
>
>Subject
>Error : DMSITS135S Maximum SVC depth 200 has been exceeded
>

>Hi,
>
>We are running VMSERVE, the application server/scheduler on a z/VM CP/CM
>system. Recently, it started giving this error every time we make a
>program
>run through VMSERVE. I am not very experienced in z/VM so any help is
>appreciated!
>
>System :
>z/VM Version 5 Release 2.0, Service Level 0801 (64-bit)
>WWVM ESA CMS 15 012
>
>VMSERVE starts fine but as soon as it runs a program, VMSERVE crashes an
>ends with this error,
>
>DMSITS135S Maximum SVC depth 200 has been exceeded.
>DMSITS135S Maximum SVC depth 200 has been exceeded.
>
>It probably means : The CMS system does not allow the nesting level of
>SVCs
>to exceed 'nnnn'. But not sure what can be done to fix this.
>
>Regards,
>Amar
>

>The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents

may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from

disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if

the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any

attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents

of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly

prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mail
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be

intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deem
ed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.