Von: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] Im
Auftrag von Crabtree, Anne D
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Mai 2011 13:52
An: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Betreff: Using EMC Clariion SCSI disk with Linux

I posted this on IBM-MAIN with not much response so hoping someone on
z/VM might be able to help.  Opened a PMR with IBM software but they
feel it is a hardware issue.  Waiting for information on switch before
contacting IBM hardware folks...

We have a z10 in which I have defined 2 FCP chpids on our FICON Express8
cards.  These chpids have NPIV enabled and I have provided the open
system team with the WWPN's that were generated.  The FCP chpids are
dedicated to our 1 Linux IFL.  We have connected the fiber, but the
chpid, while staying ONLINE, gets a SEQUENCE TIME-OUT on the HMC.  The
light is on on the mainframe side, but not on the switch.  The open
system team tells me that there is nothing for them to do on their side
until they can "see" the mainframe (light comes on?).  In z/VM, the
chips appear fine, defined as FCP with devices attached and FREE.  I'm
not sure what else I can do from the mainframe side to help the
situation?  I am not involved in the Linux portion but the Linux guy
says he can't "see" the luns from Linux.  Both sides appear to be
waiting on me to fix things!

The SCSI is a "CLARiiON  CX-700 with FLARE (operating system) version 26
revision 31 (02.26.700.5.031) which is the latest release for the CX-700
product line. "