From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Marcy Cortes
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 12:17 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Using EMC Clariion SCSI disk with Linux

I think you need the 3326.

FICON Express8 10KM LX (FC 3325)
All the channels on a single FICON Express8 10KM LX feature are the same type,
10KM LX. FICON Express8 10KM LX utilizes a long wavelength (LX) laser as the
optical transceiver and supports use of a 9 micron single mode fiber optic cable
terminated with an LC duplex connector.
FICON Express8 10KM LX supports unrepeated distances up to 10 km (6.2 miles).
FICON Express8 10KM LX (CHPID type FC or FCP) can be defined as a spanned
channel and can be shared among LPARs within and across LCSS.
FICON Express8 SX (FC 3326)
All the channels on a single FICON Express8 SX feature are the same type, SX.
FICON Express8 SX utilizes a short wavelength (SX) laser as the optical
transceiver
and supports use of a 50 micron multimode fiber optic cable or a 62.5 micron
multimode fiber optic cable terminated with an LC duplex connector.
Note: You cannot mix 50 and 62.5 micron multimode fiber optic cabling in the
same link.
For details about the unrepeated distances for FICON Express8 SX, refer to IBM
System z Planning for Fiber Optic Links.

Marcy