I always run mine in xedit compatibility mode because I am normally editing mainframe source files. I know there are other capibilities, but I seldom need to edit 'special files' so I just use gedit for those. (I wish they had not dropped kedit with this new version of KDE.)

Tony Thigpen

-----Original Message -----
 From: Les Koehler
 Sent: 05/18/2011 07:09 PM
What do mean by a 'true pc editor'? I'm sure MarkH edits make files all
the time! It's probably a question of what constitutes a 'line-end'
sequence when writing files.
SET EOLOUT can be used to change it.

Les

Tony Thigpen wrote:
http://hessling-editor.sourceforge.net/

I used it for some pc file editing, but some linux files require that
I use a 'true' pc style editor. (Like when editing 'make' files.)

Tony Thigpen