Terry wrote:
>I know this was discussed awhile back, but is there any compelling
>reason why I need to go to z/VM 6.1 for a z196
>install? The more I read about z/VM 6.1 it seems that most of the
>enhancements are covered under z/VM 5.4 at the latest
>level.  But I just wanted to make sure that there is nothing in
>6.1 for z196 that is not in 5.4 at the latest level?

Hey Terry,
That's what we decided to do (skip 6.1).  We're all 196 now.

Marcy

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.

I know this was discussed awhile back, but is there any compelling reason why I
need to go to z/VM 6.1 for a z196 install? The more I read about z/VM 6.1 it
seems that most of the enhancements are covered under z/VM 5.4 at the latest
level.  But I just wanted to make sure that there is nothing in 6.1 for z196
that is not in 5.4 at the latest level?

Thanks for the help!

Thank You,

Terry Martin
Lockheed Martin
CMS - CITIC
3300 Lord Baltimore Drive, Suite 200, 21244
Engineering Computing
Mainframe Support
Cell - 443 632-4191