On Tuesday, 05/24/2011 at 04:00 EDT, "Frank M. Ramaekers"
<framaek...@ailife.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to short-circuit SMTP so that it will receive the
outgoing mail,
> but not deliver it?
>
> We have some z/VSEs that have the z/VM SMTP has the SMTP server.  In a
DR
> situation, we don?t want to have to jerk out all of the EMAIL jobs or
work
> around any email failures.
>
> So, is there a way to configure the z/VM SMTP to accept the incoming
email
> requests, but just not do anything with them?

Untested:

RESTRICT TRANSFERto SOMEUSER *
 EndRESTRICT

should cause all spooled SMTP BATCH files from any user to be given to
SOMEUSER.  You could say PURGE instead of TRANSFERto SOMEUSER if you wish.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices