On Tuesday, 05/24/2011 at 04:58 EDT, Michael Harding/Oakland/IBM@IBMUS
wrote:
> Oh (chagrined), I didn't understand what you were saying in your
original
> post.  In that case I like Alan's solution.

...which suffers from the same issue.  It protects only the batch SMTP
(RDR) stuff, not the TCP connection.  How you solve this problem depends
entirely on what you want done with the e-mail.

If you want to send it to oblivion, just use a PIPE TCPSERVER to suck it
into a black hole.

If you want to hang onto it for later delivery, then try changing
IPMAILERADDRESS ALL to point to a non-existent host and update the
RETRYAGE to some large number of days (default is 3).  Don't forget to
increase the size of SMTP's A-disk to hold all of that undelivered mail.

But there is otherwise nothing in VM SMTP to get it to just "hold"
incoming mail that is destined to be relayed to a remote host.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices