On Tuesday, 05/31/2011 at 11:03 EDT, Philip Tully <tull...@optonline.net>
wrote:
> Or listening to our SAN provisioning group here that every other
platform
> integrates well with their tools, whereas on the Z they need to actually
> type wwpn's.

The Unified Resource Manager's Storage Administrator function includes the
ability exporting the WWPN configuration and importing an access list
based on it.  (Sorry, I haven't personally used it, yet, so I can't
comment further.)

If you have specific needs that you feel aren't being met, make sure
you're talking to the right people.  Heads up:  They don't hang out here.
This is a case, again, where you can ask your IBMers or BPs to set up a
conference call.  Where particular software is involved, I suggest talking
to whoever is responsible for that software.  (HW architects cannot solve
SW availability problems.)

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training