PS...it's a hardware function, that's why you don't see it in the z/VM
system codes manual.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Davis, Larry (National VM/VSE Capability)
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 1:29 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Disabled Wait state not in the CP Messages and Codes Manual

We received this Disabled Wait state from a z10 processor we are trying to
IPL a zVM 6.1 system that was dumped and restored from an MVS system on to
new DASD.

Central processor (CP) 0 in partition LPLH, entered disabled wait state.
The disabled wait program status word (PSW) is 000a00000000000f.
Central storage bytes 0-7 are: 000a00000000000f.

Does anyone know what would cause this Wait state?

Larry Davis
VM Capability
HP Enterprise Services
Tel: +1 813  394 4240