Hello,

We have zLinux(Redhat V5.5) running under z/VM V6.1 on z196.
zLinux is coupled to VSWITCH which is defined IP and  has two separate OSA
adater devices for VSWITCH failover.
and two OSA adapter are connected same CISCO L2 switch.

We tested VSWITCH failover, and it worked well.
But after CISCO L2 swtich was reset for preventive maintenance, zLinux
cannot recover dynamically recover IP network.
We delete and define VSWITCH and couple it to zlinux to recover zLinux
network.
After making network status normal, we did CISCO L2 swtich reset again.
but zLinux cannot pinged and network cannot be dynamically recovered.
When we query VSWITCH DETAIL, error : detached is found.

Is it normal when L2 Switch is reset? Whenever L2 Switch is reset, do I
have to recover VSWITCH manually?
I want to VSWITCH can recover automatically whenever L2 SWITCH is reset.
How can i fix this problem?

Regards

Tae Min Baek
 Mmaa Bldg, 467-12 Dogok-Dong